Terry Shannon Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts and correspondence for the children's book Wakapoo and the Flying Arrows, published in 1963.
- Shannon, Terry (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Terry Shannon is a pseudonym for Jessie Mercer Payzant. She was born Jessie Mercer in Bellingham, WA. She began writing children's books in 1952, all of which have been illustrated by her husband, Charles Payzant.
"Terry Shannon." Something About the Author. Vol. 21. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1980.
Language of Materials
The collection contains production material for one children's book written by Terry Shannon.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chumash Indians -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Terry Shannon Papers, 1963
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library