Everett Shinn Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains illustration prints for a 1938 edition of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, illustrated by Everett Shinn.
- circa 1938
- Shinn, Everett, 1876-1953 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Everett Shinn was born November 7, 1876, in Woodstown, NJ, and died May 1, 1953. He was an illustrator, painter, and muralist.
Biographical Source: "Everett Shinn (1876-1953)." Something About the Author. Vol. 21. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1980.
Language of Materials
No linguistic content; Not applicable
The collection contains illustration prints for one book illustrated by Everett Shinn.
- Christmas stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- prints (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Everett Shinn Collection, circa 1938
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library