Margaret Barbour Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains five ink woodblock prints for the 1961 book Nigerian Folk Tales, "As Told by Olawale Idewu and Omotayo Adu. Told to and Edited by Barbara K. and Warren S. Walker. Text Decorations by Margaret Barbour."
- circa 1961
- Barbour, Margaret (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Margaret Barbour illustrated the book Nigerian Folk Tales.
Language of Materials
The collection contains 5 ink prints for one book illustrated by Barbour.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore -- Nigeria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Woodcuts (prints) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Margaret Barbour Collection, circa 1961
- John Barneson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library