Luther Coleman Wells Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains illustrations and endpapers for The Story of Virginia, illustrated by Luther Coleman Wells.
- circa 1949
- Wells, Luther Coleman, 1912-2010 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Luther Coleman Wells was an American artist and illustrator from Virginia. He was born in 1912 and died in 2010.
Language of Materials
Collection contains illustrations and endpapers for one children's book illustrated by Wells.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Virginia -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Luther Coleman Wells Papers, circa 1949
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library