Arvella Whitmore Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts and proofs for three young adult novels published by Arvella Whitmore.
- Creation: 1985-1999
- Whitmore, Arvella (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Arvella Whitmore was born on March 14, 1922. She earned her B.A. in 1944 from Christian College University and her M.A. in 1947 from the University of Iowa. Arvella Whitmore has been is an author and Head of Speech and Drama Department of Marymount College in Salina, Kansas. She was the author of three young adult novels. She died in 2020.
Biographical Source: "Arvella Whitmore (1922-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 125. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2002.
.8 Cubic Feet (2 hollinger boxes)
Language of Materials
Contains production material for three books by Arvella Whitmore.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Arvella Whitmore.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Bakers -- Juvenile fiction
- City and town life -- Juvenile fiction
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States -- Juvenile fiction
- Family problems -- Juvenile fiction
- Pets -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Arvella Whitmore Papers, 1985-1998
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library