English Translation Corrections for Edith Unnerstad's "The Peep-Larssons Go Sailing"
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a photocopy of the published British translation of The Peep-Larssons Go Sailing with corrections for the American edition. The majority of the work is a photocopy, although there are a few pages with the original pencil corrections. The book was originally published in Swedish under the title Nu seglar Pip-Larssons.
- circa 1963
- Unnerstad, Edith (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edith Totterman Unnerstad was born in Helsinki, Finland in 1900 to Swedish parents. Her family moved to Sweden in 1910; she studied at Detthow College and at an art school in Stockholm. She created her first book at the age of eleven, and from that time wanted to be a writer. But family and other responsibilities and activities prevented her from becoming a professional writer until the age of 32, when she published her first children's book. Although she has also written novels for adults, her favorite theme was always childhood. Unnerstad died in 1982.
Biographical Source: "Edith (Totterman) Unnerstad (1900-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 3. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
The collection contains corrections for the American edition of a translated book by Edith Unnerstad.
- Authors, Swedish -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, Swedish -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Sweden -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sailing -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Translators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- English Translation Corrections for Edith Unnerstad's "The Peep-Larssons Go Sailing", circa 1963
- Caitlin Marineau
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library