Lee Hadley and Ann Irwin (Hadley Irwin) Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, correspondence, notes, and research related to young adult novels published by Ann Irwin and Lee Hadley under the pseudonym Hadley Irwin in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Creation: 1975-circa 1988
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Hadley Irwin is the joint pseudonym for Lee Hadley and Ann Irwin, who collaborated to write young adult fiction dealing with social issues including inter-racial prejudice and injustice, divorce, the segregation of the elderly, and incest. The authors were born in Iowa and met while teaching in the English Department at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Lee Hadley died in 1995.
Biographical sources: Something About the Author, vol. 44, p. 92-94 Children's Literature Review, vol. 40, p. 99-116
2.9 Cubic Feet (3 boxes [2 record cartons, 1 holling box])
Language of Materials
The collection contain production material related to books written by Ann Irwin and Lee Hadley under the pseudonym Hadley Irwin.
Collection guide arrange alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lee Hadley and Ann Irwin.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Divorce -- Juvenile fiction
- Drug abuse -- Juvenile fiction
- Emigration and immigration -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Indians of North America -- Juvenile fiction
- Mothers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Old age -- Juvenile fiction
- Romance fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Lee Hadley and Ann Irwin (Hadley Irwin) Papers, 1975-circa 1988
- Felicity Hanson, Emilie Quast, and Jim Eyer
- July 2000
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library