Christine Tanz Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a manuscript, typescript, and proof photocopy for the picture book An Egg is to Sit On, written by Christine Tanz.
- circa 1978
- Tanz, Christine (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Christine (Chris) Tanz is an artist and author. She holds a BA in history and literature from Harvard University and a Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Chicago. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona, where she creates public art projects.
Source: Author website, "Chris Tanz Design," http://www.christanz.com/. Retrieved August 2017.
Language of Materials
Collection contains material related to one children's picture book written by Christine Tanz.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Christine Tanz.
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Christine Tanz Papers, circa 1978
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library