Erwin Schachner Collection
Scope and Contents
The Erwin Schachner collection contains illustration proofs and photostats mounted on boards, as well as several negative photostats, of illustrations related to the book To Play Man Number One, compiled by Sara Hannum and John Terry Chase, and illustrated by Schachner.
- circa 1969
- Schachner, Erwin (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Erwin Schachner was a 20th century illustrator and printmaker.
.23 Cubic Feet (1 flat box)
Language of Materials
The collection contains proofs of illustrations related to one book of juvenile poetry illustrated by Erwin Schachner.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Erwin Schachner collection, circa 1969
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library