G. Warren Schloat, Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains production material related to thirteen children's books created by G. Warren Scholat. Written material includes typescripts, proofs, notes, and correspondence. Illustrative material includes dummies, layouts, maps, photographs, negatives, ink and watercolor illustrations, ink, pencil, and watercolor illustrations, mechanical paste-ups, and related items.
- Creation: circa 1952-circa 1970
- Schloat, G. Warren (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
G.Warren Schloat, Jr., was born July 15, 1914 in Mexico, MO. In the early 1940s he became an animator and story director for Walt Disney, but later opend his own production company, specialing in producing audio-visual materials for schools. He also wrote a number of books, all photographic picture books, for children. He died in 2000.
"G. Warren Schloat, Jr. (1914-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 4. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written and illustrative materials for over a dozen children's books created by Schloat.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of G. Warren Schloat.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children -- China -- Hong Kong -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Ghana -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- India -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Iran -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Japan -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Mexico -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Puerto Rico -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Spain -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Thailand -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- Turkey -- Juvenile literature
- Children's literature -- Illustrations
- Fantasy fiction
- Picture books
- Trees -- Juvenile fiction
- G. Warren Schloat, Jr. Papers, circa 1952-circa 1970
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library