Maryka and Raphael Rudnik Papers
Scope and Contents
The Maryka and Raphael Rudnik Papers contain a corrected typescript and proof for the children's novel The Winter When Time was Frozen, originally published in Dutch by Els Pelgrom, and translated by the Rudniks.
- Rudnik, Maryka (Translator, Person)
- Rudnik, Raphael (Translator, Person)
- Pelgrom, Els (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Maryka and Raphael Rudnik translated the children's book The Winter When Time was Frozen, which was awarded the Mildred L. Batchelder Award by the American Library Association in 1981.
Language of Materials
Contains written production material from one children's title translated by Maryka and Raphael Rudnik.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Maryka and Raphael Rudnik
- Children's literature, Dutch -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farm life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Netherlands -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Translators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Netherlands -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maryka and Raphael Rudnik Papers, 1980
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library