Alma Olivia Scott (Georgia Travers) Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a manuscript for The Story of Kattor and a corrected typescript and proof for The Wily Woodchuck. Both books were published under the pseudonym Georgia Travers.
- circa 1939-circa 1946
- Scott, Alma, 1892- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alma Olivia Scott published several titles under the pseudonym Georgia Travers, which were illustrated by Flavia Gag.
Language of Materials
The collection contains drafts for two books by Alma Olivia Scott.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Alma Olivia Scott.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tiger -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Woodchuck -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Alma Olivia Scott (Georgia Travers) Papers, circa 1939-circa 1946
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library