Ouida Sebestyen Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes holographs, typescripts, extensive notes, correspondence, page proofs, jacket material, and a photocopy of the version of Words By Heartthat appeared in the magazine Ingenue.
- Creation: 1968 - 2000
- Sebestyen, Ouida (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ouida (Dockery) Sebestyen was born February 13, 1924, in Vernon, TX and attended the University of Colorado. She married Adam Sebestyen in 1960 and had one son. Her first book, Words by Heart, was published in 1979. Part of this novel had originally appeared as a short story in the magazine Ingenue in 1968. After it's publication she continued writing works for young adults.
Biographical Sources: Something About the Author, vols. 39, 140; Something About the Author Autobiography Series, vol. 10; Children's Literature Review, vol. 17.
3.5 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains production materials for young adult books written by Ouida Sebestyen.
Collection guide is arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ouida Sebestyen.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Brothers -- Juvenile fiction
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Foster home care -- Juvenile fiction
- Kidnapping -- Juvenile fiction
- Mothers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Strikes and lockouts -- Juvenile fiction
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Ouida Sebestyen Papers, 1968-2000
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 20, 2015: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard, EAD updated by Teresa Tjepkes.
- February 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library