Art Seiden Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains pencil sketches, dummies, ink and tempera illustrations, related to children's books illustrated by Art Seiden, as well as an illustration for a Christmas card.
- Creation: circa 1950-circa 1963
- Seiden, Art (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Art Seiden was born in Brooklyn, New York. He began illustrating children's books in 1951, ranging from simple picture books to craft and hobby books for young adults. He has also written a small number of self-illustrated books for young children.
"Art(hur) Seiden." Something About the Author. Vols. 107. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1999.
Language of Materials
The collection contains illustrative material for children's books illustrated by Art Seiden.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Children's literature -- Illustrations
- Christmas stories
- Counting -- Juvenile literature
- English language -- Alphabet -- Juvenile literature
- Fairy Tales
- Picture books
- Puppets -- Juvenile fiction
- Santa Claus -- Juvenile fiction
- Water -- Juvenile literature
- Art Seiden Papers, circa 1950-circa 1963
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library