Elizabeth Fraser Torjesen Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a proof, corrected typescript, and correspondence related to the title Captain Ramsay's Daughter.
- circa 1953-1967
- Torjesen, Elizabeth Fraser (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Fraser Torjesen was born in 1907 and wrote serveral children's titles based on Nantucket history, including Captain Ramsay's Daughter and Comet Over Nantucket. She lived in Massachusetts.
Language of Materials
Collection contains production material for one title by Elizabeth F. Torjesen.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Elizabeth Fraser Torjesen.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nantucket Island (Mass.) -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elizabeth Fraser Torjesen Papers, circa 1953-1967
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library