Allen W. Trelease Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts and proof for the non-fiction juvenile history book Reconstruction: The Great Experiment, by Allen Trelease.
- circa 1971
- Trelease, Allen W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Allen W. Trelease was born in 1928 and was a professor of history at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He died in 2011.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts and a proof for one book by Allen Trelease.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Allen W. Trelease.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Allen W. Trelease Papers, circa 1971
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library