Evans G. Valens Papers
Scope and Contents
The Evans G. Valens Papers contain illustrative photos, royalty statements, proofs, correspondence, and typescripts for two books written by Valens: Me and Frumpet and Wingfin and Topple.
- 1957 - 1963
- Valens, Evans G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author Evan G. Valens, Jr. was born in State College, Pennsylvania in 1920. He received his B.A. from Amherst College and worked as a journalist and as a producer, writer, and director for television, in addition to his literary career. He wrote many non-fiction books relating to science and the natural world. His best known novel was A Long Way Up: The Story of Jill Kinmont. Valens died in 1992.
Biographical Source: "Evans G. Valens, Jr. (1920-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 1. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971. "E. G. Valens." The Pennsylvania Center for the Book. Pennsylvania State University Libraries. 2002. pabook.libraries.psu.edu/literary-cultural-heritage-map-pa/bios/Valens__Evans.
Language of Materials
Contains production material for two titles by Evans G. Valens.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Evans G. Valens.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fishes -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Evans G. Valens Papers, 1957-1963
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library