Vincent Torre Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains proof sheets, illustrations, and dummies for children's books handcreated created by artist Vincent Torre.
- circa 1952-circa 1975
- Torre, Vincent (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Vincent Torre is a fine artist and painter, author, designer, and book creator who lives in New York City. Many of his books are hand-set, bound, and printed with woodblock prints under his private imprint Inkwell Press.
"About the Inkwell Press." Vincent Torre Books. http://www.vincenttorrebooks.net/
Language of Materials
Collection contains production material for children's books created by Vincent Torre.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Vincent Torre.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fables Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Woodcuts (prints) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- artists' books (books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vincent Torre Papers, circa 1952-circa 1975
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library