Hazel Hutchins Wilson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts and proofs for two children's books by Hazel Hutchins Wilson.
- 1960 - 1969
- Wilson, Hazel Hutchins (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Hazel Hutchins Wilson was born on April 8, 1898 in Portland, Maine. She earned her B.A. from Bates College and a B.S. from Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts. Wilson was a professional librarian at the high school and college level and a lecturer at George Washington University, Washington, D.C. She is the author of over 15 children's books. Her most famous books are the Herbertseries, which was based upon the actions of her son and his friends. Hazel Wilson died on August 20, 1992.
Biographical Source: "Hazel (Hutchins) Wilson (1898-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 3. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
Contains production material for two children's books by Hazel Hutchins Wilson.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Herbert's Homework materials transferred to the library by Dr. Irving Kerlan. The Years Between donated by Hazel Hutchins Wilson in 1973.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Homework -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Humorous stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 (Donor, Person)
- Hazel Hutchins Wilson Papers, 1960-1969
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library