Elizabeth Winthrop Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts, proofs, and some other related materials for over two dozen children's books written by Elizabeth Winthrop.
- Creation: 1972 - 2004
- Winthrop, Elizabeth (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Elizabeth Winthrop was born on September 14, 1948 in Washington, D.C. She earned her B.A. from Sarah Lawrence College in 1970. Her career has spanned over 30 years in the children's and young adult book industry, beginning as an assistant editor of Harper Junior Books division in 1971 and founding partner of Editors Ink, a manuscript evaluation service, in 1987. She has authored over 30 books for children and young adults since 1972.
Biographical Source: "Elizabeth Winthrop (1948-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 76. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1994.
3.75 Cubic Feet (3 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The collection contains production material related to over a dozen children's books written by Elizabeth Winthrop.
Collection guide arrange alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Elizabeth Winthrop.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Adoption -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Bedtime -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- City and town life -- Juvenile fiction
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Family problems -- Juvenile fiction
- Fantasy fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Sex role -- Juvenile fiction
- Space and time -- Juvenile fiction
- Stories in rhyme
- Elizabeth Winthrop Papers, 1972-2004
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library