Louis Wisa Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an original watercolor cover for a 1909 edition of St. Nicholas magazine.
- circa 1909
- Wisa, Louis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Louis Wisa was an early 20th century illustrator, known for books such as the Uncle Wiggily series.
Language of Materials
Collection contains an original watercolor cover for St. Nicholas magazine.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Louis Wisa Collection, circa 1909
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- November 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library