Shel Silverstein Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a sales dummy for Lafcadio: the Lion Who Shot Back.
- Silverstein, Shel (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Shel Silverstein was born September 25, 1930, in Chicago, Illinois, and died May 10, 1999, in Key West, Florida. He had a long career as artist, cartoonist, and writer, contributing to diverse publications such as Playboy Magazine as well as his well known children's books, including The Giving Tree and Where the Sidewalk Ends
Language of Materials
The collection contains a sales dummy for one book by Shel Silverstein.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lion -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Shel Silverstein Collection, 1963
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.