Lloyd Lózes Goff Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains illustrative and production materials for one children's book, Run, Sandpiper, Run, written and illustrated by Lloyd Lózes Goff and includes dummies, illustration studies, and proof sheets.
- circa 1957
- Goff, Lloyd Lózes, 1917-1983 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lloyd Lózes Goff was an American painter, illustrator, and writer. He was born in 1908 in Dallas, Texas. As a young man he studied art in France, as well as at the Art Students League in New York. During the Great Depression he created art for the Works Progress Administration and the Public Works of Art Project. He was also a member of a group of artists known as the Dallas Nine. He died in New York in 1982.
Smithsonian American Art Museum. "Lloyd Goff." Accessed January 2022. https://americanart.si.edu/artist/lloyd-goff-1840.
Language of Materials
The collection contains art and production material for one children's book created by Goff.
- Authors -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Birds -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lloyd Lózes Goff Papers, circa 1957
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library