Diane Goode Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains material for one picture book, Little Pieces of the West Wind, illustrated by Diane Goode, including dummies, illustrations, separations, and related material.
- circa 1975
- Goode, Diane (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Diane Goode was born September 14, 1949, in Brooklyn, New York. She became a writer and illustrator of children's books. She received a Caldecott Honor in 1983, for When I Was Young in the Mountains. She is best known for her anthologies of folktales and songs.
Biographical Sources: "Diane (Capuozzo) Goode (1949-). Something About the Author. Vol. 114. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2000.
Language of Materials
The collection contains illustrative material in various media for one children's book illustrated by Goode.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Color separation (technique) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Winds -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diane Goode Papers, circa 1975
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library