Ayala Gordon Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains illustrative material for the children's book Believe and Make Believe, and includes an original water color, original black and white illustrations, and an original color illustration.
- circa 1956
- Gordon, Ayala (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ayala Gordon illustrated the children's book Believe and Make Believe, written by Lucy Sprague Mitchell.
Language of Materials
The collection contains illustrative material in various media for one children's book.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ayala Gordon Papers, circa 1956
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library