Jean Gould and Charles Walker Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains five ink illustrations by Charles Walker, a small amount of correspondence, a review from the Afro-American Newspapers, and a photograph of the author receiving an award, related to the title That Dunbar Boy, a biography of poet Paul Laurence Dunbar written by Jean Gould and illustrated by Charles Walker.
- 1958 - 1959
- Walker, Charles (Illustrator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jean Gould was born in 1909 in Greenville, Ohio. As a writer, she was known for her juvenile biographies, primarily of other writers, including Lawrence Dunbar, Herman Melville, and Robert Frost. She died in Perrysburg, Ohio in 1993.
Language of Materials
Contains ink illustrations, and a small amount of supplementary material related to one title by Jean Gould, illustrated by Charles Walker.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jean Gould
- African American poets -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dunbar, Paul Laurence, 1872-1906 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jean Gould and Charles Walker Collection, 1958-1959
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note