Aliki Barnstone Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contain a corrected typescript for poetry in the book The Real Tin Flower: Poems About the World at Nine, published in 1968 when the author was 12.
- circa 1968
- Barnstone, Aliki (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Aliki Barnstone was educated at Brown University (B.A. and M.A.) and at the University of California, Berkeley (Ph.D.). Her volume of poems, The Real Tin Flower, introduced by Anne Sexton (Macmillan), was published when she was twelve years old. Her poems have appeared in Poetry, New Letters, The New York Times, Ms., Agni, Chicago Review, The Antioch Review, and other journals, and she is co-editor of the anthology A Book of Women Poets from Antiquity to Now(Schocken/Random House).
Biographical Source: http://web.whittier.edu/barnstone/aliki.html and http://www.poetrymagazine.com/archives/2002/April2002/barnstone.htm 2007
Language of Materials
The collection contain a corrected typescript for one book written and published by Aliki Barnstone when she was 12.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the author's father, Willis Barnstone, in 1975.
- American poetry -- Juvenile poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's writings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poets, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Barnstone, Willis, 1927- (Donor, Person)
- Aliki Barnstone Papers, circa 1968
- Nancy Larsen and Diep Truong
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library