Crystal Thrasher Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, and editorial correspondence for five juvenile novels, all about the Great Depression, written by Indiana author Crystal Thrasher.
- 1974 - 1984
- Thrasher, Crystal (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Crystal Faye Thrasher was born in Oolitic, Indiana in 1921. Thrasher lived in rural Indiana during the Depression and was the only child in her family to complete high school. She married and had children, reading to them and writing poems and stories for them. After her children were grown, she decided to write a book for them and for their children and published her first book around her 50th year. Thrasher lived in Ford Wayne, Indiana and died in 2007.
Biographical Source: "Crystal (Faye) Thrasher (1921-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 27. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1982.
1.25 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
Collection contains typescripts, proofs, and correspondence for five novels written by Crystal Thrasher.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Crystal Thrasher.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- City and town life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Country life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Crystal Thrasher Papers, 1974-1984
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library