Donald E. Worcester Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts for three children's books by Worcester, published in the late 1950s/early 1960s, and a publishing contract.
- 1957-circa 1961
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Donald Emmet Worcester was born on April 29, 1915 in Tempe, Arizona. He earned his B.A. from Bard College in 1939. He then attended the University of California, earning his M.A. in 1940 and Ph.D. in 1947 and sent his career as a professor and historian, teaching at the University of Florida and Texas Christian University. He died in 2003.
Language of Materials
Collection contains typescripts for three children's books by Donald E. Worcester.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Donald E. Worcester.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Horses -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hunting -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Donald E. Worcester Papers, 1957-circa 1961
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library