Ian Serraillier Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains several handwritten poems. Titles on the poems include "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin-Eater" and "Jack and the Beanstalk." The third, "Granddad's Pipe," is not written in Serraillier's handwriting and was possibly copied by Irvin Kerlan.
- Serraillier, Ian (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ian Serraillier was born September 24, 1912, in London, England, and died November 28, 1994. He was an educator, poet, and author, who wrote many books for children. He was known for his retellings of folk tales, fairy tales, and legends.
Language of Materials
The collection contains several handwritten poems by Ian Serraillier.
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poets, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ian Serraillier Collection, undated
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library