Frances Tipton Hunter Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an jacket proof and illustration proofs for the children's book Boo, Who Used To Be Scared of the Dark, written by Munro Leaf and illustrated by Hunter.
- circa 1948
- Hunter, Frances Tipton (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Frances Tipton Hunter (1896-1957) was an American illustrator. She is best known for her magazine covers, especially for The Saturday Evening Post.
Language of Materials
The collection contains proof sheets for illustrations for one children's picture book.
- Cats -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fear -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frances Tipton Hunter Collection, circa 1948
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library