Glanville Wynkoop Smith Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a manuscript and a typescript for The adventures of Sir Ignatius Tippitolio, better known to the world as Tippy, proprietor of Tippitolio's grand imperial hotel Oriella, by Glanville Wynkoop Smith.
- circa 1945
- Smith, Glanville Wynkoop, 1901- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Glanville Wynkoop Smith was born in St. Cloud in 1901. After college he lived in New York and was one of the architects who worked on the Ziegfield Follies Theatre. In 1930 he returned to Stearns County and began designing for the Cold Spring Granite Company. As a writer he was published in the National Geographic, Christian Science Monitor and The Atlantic. Smith also composed organ music for churches, was an active environmentalist, and president of the Stearns County Historical Society. He died in 1987.
Biographical Source: http://www.stearns-museum.org/shm/history_files/glanville_smith.html , 2008
Language of Materials
The collection contains a manuscript and typescript for one children's book by Smith.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Dr. Irvin Kerlan.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hotels -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Glanville Wynkoop Smith Papers, circa 1945
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library