Richard Alexander Hough (Bruce Carter) Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a typescript and proof for the title Fast Circuit, by Richard Hough, published under the name Bruce Carter.
- circa 1962
- Hough, Richard Alexander, 1922-1999 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Alexander Hough was born in Brighton, Sussex, England in 1922 and served as a pilot in the Royal Air Force during World War II. He worked as an editor, then as a manager of a publishing firm. From 1955-1970 he was an editor of children's books; during that period also began his career as a writer of books for both adults and children. His work falls into areas that he found interesting as a child: flying, maritime history, science fiction, animals, and adventure. He died in 1999.
Biographical source: "Richard (Alexander) Hough." Something About the Author. Vol. 17. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1979.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a typescript and proof for one title published by Richard Hough under the pseudonym Bruce Carter.
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grand Prix racing -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Richard Alexander Hough (Bruce Carter) Papers, circa 1962
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid update by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library