Carol Hovious Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a book dummy for New Trails in Reading by Carol Hovious.
- circa 1956
- Hovious, Carol, 1906- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Carol Hovious was the author of reading textbooks for children from the 1930s through the 1950s,
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
The collection contains a paste-up dummy for one title.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Readers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reading (Primary) -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carol Hovious Papers, circa 1956
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library