Holling C. Holling Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a jacket proof inscribed to Dr. Irvin Kerlan from Holling and Lucille Holling, dated 1957.
- Holling, Holling Clancy (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Holling Clancy Holling was born in Holling Corners, Jackson County, Michigan in 1900. His childhood interest in nature developed into his career as an author and illustrator of children's books. His extensive knowledge of geography, science, history and social science are evident in his books, a number of which were award winners. He died in 1973.
Biographical source: "Holling C(lancy) Holling (1900-1973)." Something About the Author. Vol. 26. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1982.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a an inscribed jacket for one title written by Holling C. Holling.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the collection by Dr. Irvin Kerlan.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Book jackets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crabs -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tide pools -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holling C. Holling Collection, 1957
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library