Bea Holmes Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a pencil and tempera study for a children's book, The Maid of Artemis, written by Olivia Coolidge.
- circa 1969
- Holmes, Bea (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Bea Holmes illustrated several books for children in the 1960s and 1970s, including The Maid of Artemis.
Language of Materials
No linguistic content; Not applicable
Collection contains a pencil and tempera study for a children's book, The Maid of Artemis.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greece -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tempera paintings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Bea Holmes Collection, circa 1969
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Kerlan Collection of Children's Literature Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library