Pamela Beatrice Brown Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a notebook with a partial manuscript for The Girl Who Ran Away.
- circa 1968
- Brown, Pamela, 1924-1989 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Pamela Beatrice Brown was born in 1924 in Colchester, Essex, England. She wrote a book for children while still in her teens which enabled her to attend The Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts and become an actress in the 1940s. From 1950- 1963 she was a producer in British television. She was a children's book author from 1941 to her death in 1989. Biographical Source: "Pamela (Beatrice) Brown." Something About the Author. Vol. 61. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1990.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of a hand-written notebook with a partial manuscript for one book by Pamela Brown.
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pamela Beatrice Brown Papers, circa 1968
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library