John Ney Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains corrected typescripts, proofs, correspondence, and notes related to the first three titles in the Ox series by John Ney, as well as a screeplay for Ox Goes North, which was never filmed.
- 1969 - 1976
- Ney, John, 1923- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
John Ney was born in 1923, in St. Paul, MN. He wrote fiction and nonfiction for both young adults and adults. For young readers, he created the "Ox" series, including Ox: The Story of a Kid at the Top(Little Brown, 1970), Ox Goes North: More Trouble for the Kid at the Top(Harper, 1973), and Ox Under Pressure(Lippincott, 1976) which was one of the finalists for the 1977 National Book Award in the Children's Book Category.
1.25 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
This collection contains production material for three titles in the Ox series by John Ney.
Collection guide arranged in order by publication date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of John Ney.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camps -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Humorous stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Love -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- John Ney Papers, 1969-1976
- Karen Bauer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library