Edelgard von Heydekampf Brühl Papers
Scope and Contents
The papers contain correspondence, typescripts, and proofs related to Edelgard von Heydekampf Brühl's English translation of Letters to Pauline (Briefe an Pauline), originally written in German by James Krüss.
- 1968-circa 1971
- Heydekampf Brühl, Edelgard von (Translator, Person)
- Krüss, James, 1926-1997 (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edelgard von Heydekampf Brühl translated multiple German books into English, including many originally written by James Kruss
Language of Materials
The collection consists of production material for the translated English edition of Letters to Pauline.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Edelgard von Heydekampf Brühl.
- Children's literature, German -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Short stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Translators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Edelgard von Heydekampf Brühl Papers, 1968-circa 1971
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library