Nancy Stone Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains written production material for three children's books by Nancy Stone, including typescripts, correspondence, and proofs.
- 1964 - 1984
- Stone, Nancy Y. (Nancy Young), 1925- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Nancy Young Stone was born in Crawfordsville, Indiana in 1925 and raised in Michigan. She earned a degree from Antioch College in 1948 and an MA from Western Michigan. She worked as a reporter, and also taught journalism and creative writing.
Obuchowski, Mary DeJong. "Nancy Y. Stone, Michigan Author." Michigan Historical Review. Vol. 21, No. 1. Mount Pleasant, MI: Central Michigan University, Spring 1995.
1.65 Cubic Feet (2 boxes (1 record carton and 1 hollinger box))
Language of Materials
The collection contains written material for three book by Nancy Stone.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Nancy Stone.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Michigan -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nancy Stone Papers, 1964-1984
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library