Helen E. Buckley Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of production materials for several titles. Materials include typescripts, photographs, front matter, and page proofs. Additional materials include correspondence, research materials, and letters from children.
- Creation: 1956-2002
- Buckley, Helen E., 1918-2001 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Helen Buckley was born in Syracuse, New York in 1918. She received her B.S. (1945) and her M.S. (1949) from Syracuse University, and her Ed.D. from Columbia University (1962). She began her career as an elementary school teacher (1942-1949), was a campus school teacher at State University at Oswego, Oswego, New York (1949-1961) and professor of English at SUNY, Oswego (1961-1976). Buckley published a number of books for children over her 30 year career. Buckley died in 2001.
Biographical Source: "Helen Buckley." Something About the Author. Vol. 90. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1997.
2.5 Cubic Feet (2 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of production materials for children's books written by Helen E. Buckley.
Publications are arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Helen Buckley between 1969-2002.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Birthdays -- Juvenile fiction
- Brothers -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Conduct of Life -- Juvenile fiction
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Fear -- Juvenile fiction
- Grandparents -- Juvenile fiction
- Hide-and-seek -- Juvenile fiction
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Kites -- Juvenile fiction
- Loneliness -- Juvenile fiction
- Mice -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Stories in rhyme
- Toys -- Juvenile fiction
- Helen E. Buckley Papers, 1956-2002
- Nancy Larsen
- May 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2013: Collection reprocessed by Victoria Rieck; EAD updated by Karen Spilman
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library