S. A. Bodeen (Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen) Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contain drafts and correspondence for Elizabeti's Doll, published under the name Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen.
- circa 1998
- Bodeen, S. A. (Stephanie A.), 1965- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen was born in 1965 in Wisconsin. Following college she went to Tanzania with the Peace Corps. Her experiences there inspired the setting and characters of her first book. In addition to her picture books she has published several young adult novels. She lives in the Midwest.
Biographical Source: "Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen." Something About the Author. Vol. 114. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2000.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production material for one book by S. A. Bodeen.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dolls -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- S. A. Bodeen (Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen) Papers, circa 1998
- Jim Eyer
- 2005, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library