Barbara Hood Burgess papers
Scope and Contents
The Barbara Hood Burgess papers consists of production materials for the children's book Fred Field, including typescripts correspondence, and a proof.
- 1993 - 1994
- Burgess, Barbara Hood (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Barbara Hood Burgess was born in Detroit, Michigan in 1926. She received her B.A. from Wayne State University in 1990. His first work for children, Oren Bellwas published in 1991.
.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of production materials for one children's book authored by Barbara Hood Burgess.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Detective and mystery stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Barbara Hood Burgess Papers, 1993-1994
- Nancy Larsen
- July 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2013: Collection reprocessed by Victoria Rieck; EAD updated by Karen Spilman
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library