Brian Burks Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a typescript for the title Walks Alone by Brian Burks.
- circa 1998
- Burks, Brian (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Brian Burks was born in 1955 in Alamogordo, New Mexico. He attended Mexico State University. He served in the US Air Force from 1975-1979. He is a writer of children's books centered around the history of the Old West. He is also the owner and operator of horse rental stables. When he is not working he likes to ride horses or play guitar.
"Brian Burks." Something About the Author. Vol. 95. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1998.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a typescript for one title by Brian Burks.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Brian Burks via Flannery Literary.
- Apache Indians -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brian Burks Papers, circa 1998
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library