Susan Lowell Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, notes, reviews, and children's correspondence related to the book I am Lavina Cumming.
- 1990 - 1994
- Lowell, Susan, 1950- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Susan Lowell was born October 27, in Chihuahua, Mexico and graduated from Stanford University. She became a freelance writer and an assistant professor of English. As a writer of children's books, in addition to her original stories, she is known for her retelling of fairy tales from a Southwestern American point of view. For example, her Cinderella works on a ranch and is forbidden to attend the rodeo. She has received several awards and honors for her writing. She lives in Tucson, Arizona.
"Susan Lowell." Something About the Author. Vols. 81, 127. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1995, 2002.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written material for one children's book by Susan Lowell.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Susan Lowell.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- California -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Susan Lowell Papers, 1990-1994
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library