Lise Lunge-Larsen Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains written production material for three children's books by Lise Lunge-Larsen, including typescripts, correspondence, and page proofs.
- 1997 - 2003
- Lunge-Larsen, Lise (Person)
Access and Use:
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lise Lunge-Larsen was born October 15, 1955, in Oslo, Norway. She came to the United States after winning a scholarship to Augsburg College in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She had planned to return to Norway, but fell in love, married, and remained in the United States. She became an instructor in the English as a Second Language Program at the college level. Eventually she settled in Duluth, Minnesota, where she is known as The Troll Lady. In her career as writer and storyteller she has tried to keep alive the many Norwegian troll stories she knew as a child. She has received numerous awards and honors for her work.
"Lise Lunge-Larsen." Something About the Author. Vol. 138. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2003.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production material for three titles.
Collection arranged alphabetically by title.
Gift of Lise Lunge-Larsen
- Authors -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fairy tales Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore -- Norway Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lise Lunge-Larsen Papers, 1997-2003
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library