Penelope Lively Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts for five children's books by Penelope Lively.
- circa 1971-1976
- Lively, Penelope, 1933- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Penelope Lively is a British author known for her work for both children and adults. She was born March 17, 1933, in Cairo, Egypt and earned a B.A. from St. Anne's College, Oxford, in 1956. Her children's book The Ghost of Thomas Kempe was awarded the Carnegie Medal in 1973. She lives in London.
"Penelope Lively." Something About the Author. Vol. 164. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2006.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
The collection corrected typescripts for five children's books written by Penelope Lively.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Penelope Lively.
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- England -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ghost stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Space and time -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Penelope Lively Papers, circa 1971-1976
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library