Beatrice (Bea Exner) Liu Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts for Little Wu and the Watermelons, written by Beatrice Liu.
- circa 1954
- Liu, Bea Exner (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Beatrice Liu was born in Northfield, MN and attended Carleton College. From 1935 to 1945 she lived in China and married a Chinese economist, before returning to Minnesota after World War II. In addition to her children's book Little Wu and the Watermelons, Liu published a memoir of her time in China titled Remembering China, 1935-1945, under the name Bea Exner Liu.
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts for one title by Beatrice Liu.
Gift of Beatrice Liu.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- China -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Watermelons -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Beatrice Liu Papers, circa 1954
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library