Ada B. Litchfield Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected typescript, correspondence, and clippings for Making Room for Uncle Joe, written by Ada B. Litchfield.
- 1983 - 1992
- Litchfield, Ada Bassett (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ada B. Litchfield was born April 1, 1916, in Harwich, Mass., and died in 1999. She was a teacher, writer, and editor. In addition to writing children's books, she wrote twenty scripts for the educational television science series, All About You.
Biographical Source: "Ada B. Litchfield." Something About the Author. Vol. 5. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written material for one title written by Ada Litchfield.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ada Litchfield.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family problems -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- People with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ada B. Litchfield Papers, 1983-1992
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library