Paul B. Janeczko Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of manuscript materials dated from 1970 to 2011 for books of poetry written or compiled by Paul B. Janeczko, and includes correspondence, corrected typescripts, page proofs, front matter, holographs, dummies, proofs of jackets, character notes, galley proofs, photocopies of illustrations, book proposals, awards, research, notes, notecards, ephemera and clippings.
- undated, 1970-2011
- Janeczko, Paul B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Paul Bryan Janeczko was born on July 27, 1945 in Passaic, New Jersey. He attended St. Francis College in Maine for undergraduate, eventually attending John Carrol University in Ohio for graduate school before becoming a high school English teacher for over two decades. He became well known for both his original poetry and children's books, as well as his work as a poetry anthologist. He died in 2019.
Information sourced from: Maughan, Shannan. "Obituary: Paul B. Janeczko." Publisher's Weekly. February 21, 2019. www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-authors/article/79328-obituary-paul-b-janeczko.html.
11 boxes (11 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to publications by or compiled by Paul B. Janeczko.
Publications are arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Paul B. Janeczko.
- American poetry -- Juvenile poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poets, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paul B. Janeczko papers, 1970-2011, undated
- Finding aid created by CLRC staff
- 2009, July 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2014: Collection reprocessed by Carly Lawrence; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library